System Club 시스템클럽

최근글 목록

5.18기록유산 관련 UNESCO에 보내는 영문 편지

페이지 정보

작성자 지만원 작성일11-05-18 11:53 조회28,967회 댓글0건
  • 트위터로 보내기
  • 페이스북으로 보내기

본문

아래 번역문은 우리 회원 stallon(정재성)님의 역작입니다. 이 같은 비지니스 폼의 편지에는 전문성이 요구됩니다. 정재성 회원님, 매우 고생이 많으셨습니다. 오늘 18명의 UNESCO 심의 위원들에게 이-메일로 보낼 수 있게 되어 참으로 기쁩니다. 부뚜막의 소금도 집어 넣어야 짜고, 진주알이 있어도 엮어야 보물이 됩니다. 우리 정재성님께 박수를 보내주시기 바랍니다. 영문 편지는 18쪽입니다. 조치 완료 했습니다. 

한글 원문

http://systemclub.co.kr/board/bbs/board.php?bo_table=board01&wr_id=2750

Mr. Davidson L. Hepburn

The President of UNESCO                       May 18, 2011

1, rue Miollis,

75732 Paris, Cedex 15,

France  

Dear Sir,

First off, I am highly honored to have this opportunity of submitting my petition in an effort to prevent the materials and information regarding the Gwang-ju May 18 Revolt, which erupted in Korea during 1980, from being registered with the Memory of the World at UNESCO.

It is a pleasure to introduce myself. I am an analyst who has researched the Gwang-ju Revolt for last 8 years and widely publicized its details in depth in publications that contain more than 2,000 pages. In this particular regard an attempt unilaterally led by a Korean legislator, Mr. Young-Jin Kim, I am willing to explain the reason why I am strictly opposing its registry at UNESCO.

The Gwang-ju Revolt was a history of confliction between mob and the government troops that started on May 18, 1980 and finally crushed on May 27, 1980.

There were clearly two parties involved in the Gwang-ju Revolt. One was the Republic of Korea and the other was the radical mob of rioters. The group of the Gwang-ju Revolt consisted of citizens of Kwang-ju city, however, more than 80 % of the mob was the lower classes socially neglected and shunned such as the jobless, unemployed, wanderers, shoeshine boys, bums and junkmen.

As a National Assembly member, Mr. Young-jin Kim who not only represents a part of Kwang-ju city but also stands for one side of the conflicting parties is not in a position to objectively lead the registration with the Memory of the World at UNESCO. Moreover, the materials and information legislation Kim has recently submitted to your organization is confirmed to have been prepared as more advantageous and favorable to the militia mob.

Consequently, you are cordially reminded that it would be a loss of prestige of your esteemed organization should such one-sided request be accepted for the registry at UNESCO.

In the capacity of a neutral scholar and in an objective situation, as mentioned, I have studied the May 18 Gwang-ju Revolt for 8 years and finally published a history books of more than 2,000 pages. I am confident that you will be able to find the contents submitted by the legislator Kim Young-jin are largely distorted compared to what I am forwarding in writing herewith. In this sensitive aspect, I would like to strongly urge you to put opinions and research results submitted by those who are in an objective position like I am into your thoughtful consideration.

The ROK Prosecution Office has conducted thorough investigation into the Gwang-ju May 18 Revolt case between 1994 and 1995 and announced its report of 216 pages on July 18, 1995. It was then opened to the public in 2005 after being confidentially kept in the prosecution’s archive. What I would like to particularly emphasize in this matter is that a sort of comparison process should be made between the ROK Prosecution Office’s report and the materials submitted by the legislator, Kim Young-jin beforehand. I am certain that the submissions delivered to your organization by legislator Kim’s party will be contrary to what the ROK Prosecution Office had officially announced.

The Gwang-ju Revolt took place in 1980. The Prosecution Office conducted investigation of the mob and those who plotted and masterminded the revolt behind the curtain, and the court ruling was also done in the same year. At that time the Gwang-ju Revolt was confirmed by the Supreme Court to have been closely in league with North Korea.

In the meantime, a ridiculous thing happened in Korea. It is a shocking and shameful thing if foreigners knew it. In the ROK’s constitution, there is a prohibition against double jeopardy. I am sure that most nations of the world maintain the same constitution.

Though I will explain the background later, In Korea, from 1980s up to now, pro-communist administrations have been in power. When two former presidents, Chun Doo-whan and Noh Tae-woo, a so-called military junta, were imprisoned for building a slush fund, most of the Korean citizens started criticizing the military regime. But the pro-communist regime later had not only brought the slush fund issue but also overturned the Supreme Court’s ruling made on the May 18 Gwang-ju Revolt case by reaching a reverse verdict. Situation was abruptly changed so that loyalists of the past have become today’s traitors and vice versa.

Here is an important point we should not overlook. Both police investigation results made in 1980 and 1995 are identical. Only thing we can find different is that the Supreme Court’s decisions made in 1980 and 1997 are totally reverse for the same case nonetheless. This simply means that the court decision made under the rightist regime was totally overturned 180-degree while the leftists were in power. The hegemony of writing history in Korea is in leftists’ hand. In terms of this I would like to request that you carefully peruse the documents Mr. Kim Young-jin has submitted. I hope your esteemed organization will never lose its reputation under any circumstances because of such inaccurate and biased reporting of an historical event.

For your information, please allow me to introduce myself: I was born in 1942. After graduating from KMC (Korea Military Academy) in 1966, I participated in the Vietnam War as an Army 2
nd lieutenant up to captain for a total of 44 months. During the time as captain and lieutenant colonel, I obtained a master degree and doctorate in operations research from US Naval Postgraduate School located in Monterey, California, USA. After returning from the States, I also served as a senior researcher at the Korea Institute of Defense Analysis established under the Ministry of Defense for 8 years. Later I retired as a full colonel and worked as a professor at the US Naval Postgraduate School for 3 years. Afterwards, I applied myself by demonstrating my professional knowledge obtained at home and abroad to the society working as a freelancer, military commentator and analyst including frequent appearance in the broadcasting media.

Unfortunately, my fate started changing drastically when Kim Dae-jung came to power. Contrary to what has been known to the world, something extraordinary happened in South Korea. Kim Dae-jung, well known as a communist at home, was surprisingly elected as the president of the ROK in 1997. Kim Dae-jung was the godfather of the Gwang-ju Revolt on May 18, and the communists in South Korea.

I was able to feel a serious national crisis when Kim Dae-jung misused his power obviously in favor of North Korean regime. Therefore, I have acted as a NGO activist since that time. The Gwang-ju Revolt does not exist as an independent revolt in Korea’s modern history but a historical point connected like a pearl necklace with the previous historical facts. Now seeking your kind permission, I am willing to explain the brief background of Korea’s Modern history, which I believe will play an important role in understanding the Gwang-ju Revolt in a most effective way.

Summary of Korea’s modern history

As you are well aware, Korea was liberated when Japan met defeat in the Pacific War; however, we were divided into two Koreas. On August 6, 1945, an A-bomb was dropped on the city of Hiroshima, Japan, and their defeat was imminent. At this moment, the sly Soviet Union promptly declared war against Japan on August 8, 1945 and took over 4 islands (Kuril Islands) from northern part of Japan. At the same time, they made North Korea one of their satellite states and kept masterminding various revolts to absorb South Korea also.

When the Bolshevik revolution was successful in 1917 in Russia, communism started rapidly spreading around the world. Accordingly it was unexceptionally propagated in Korea and Japan.

Communism was fostered in earnest from the intellectual class starting 1921 in South Korea. For instance, the population of Jeju Island reached only 280,000, but 80% of the total folks aggressively supported for communized unification while chanting North Korean Kim Il-sung and Soviet’s Stalin as their heroes. Folks stormed streets waving North Korean flag and crying hurruh for the great leader Stalin and brutally slaughtered policemen, patriots and clergymen. When Korea was liberated, communists secretly went underground escaping vigilance of Japanese police even before liberation in 1945 surfaced in South Korea.

Although United States troops advanced in Seoul on September 8, 1945, it took some time for them to understand current situation and set up systems to maintain administration and public security. Therefore, South Korea’s administration and security matters were mainly controlled by communists who were wearing red armbands.

Starting from the United States military government through the rightist administration of the first President, Rhee, Seung-man, Park, Jung-hee, Chun, Doo-whan and Noh Tae-woo, most of the communists active in the South were eliminated, but 30% still survive.

Situations went from bad to worse. The existing communists were heavily rooted in the South. The two political figures, aka the core communists, Kim Dae-jung and Noh Moo-hyun, ruled the Republic of Korea for 10 years. As a result, a great many communists occupied many important posts and infrastructures.

The area that shows the most noticeable tendency for communism in Korea is Gwang-ju city and southern Cheolla province, which legislator Kim Young-Jin represents. Right after the liberation in 1945, Jeju Island was notorious for the communism prevailing region but now it transferred to Cheolla province. The Democratic Party, to which legislator Kim Young-Jin belongs, consists of national assembly members (90%) from the said Cheolla province.  This party particularly hates the Republic of Korea and the United States. Enough so to be called a “North Korean agent” by taking full side with North Korea. They are the breeds that enjoy living in splendor in the South but ironically are loyal to the communist regime of North Korea.

A while back, North Korea brutally committed an unpardonable terrorist act by sinking the Cheonan patrol boat. Having a submarine ambushed in the South Korean waters, they had at last blown up the South Korean Navy destroyer, ”Cheonan”. The combined investigative team consisted of 25 professional members from the United States, UK, Sweden and Australia. They conducted a two month long investigation at the spot where the terror had taken place and after thorough checking the torn apart vessel in two pieces, released an official result. In the report they unanimously confirmed that the ROK Navy patrol boat was hit by a torpedo attack from a North Korean submarine. Nevertheless, the Democratic Party has kept spreading propaganda that North Korea was not involved in attacking the vessel. This is the major opposition party, the Democratic Party, of which Kim Young-jin is presently an assembly member.

It is no exaggeration to say that Korean history is one pervaded by North Korea’s endless assault. In just a year since Korea was liberated, two large scaled riots occurred in September and October 1946 under Russia’s direction, plus enormous campaign funds. In September the entire country was in deep chaos because of a general strike spread throughout the country. In October, due to riots originated from Daegu and spread throughout the country, the nation was again plunged into another chaos. The chaotic atmosphere was intentionally instigated by the communists to have our people realize that South Korea is no longer a safe place to live.

According to history that concerns guerrilla acts, it is clearly confirmed that the chaotic riots were North Korean espionage operations in the South backed by Russia. Nevertheless, the communists in the South have long insisted that the riots have no truck with Russia and North Korea.
In turn they stuck by their guns that the riots were the widespread agitation created by local people against the United States military government’s abuse of economic squeeze.

In the meantime, in 1995, the Korean daily “Joongang Ilbo” was able to acquire important information from Russia revealing that Russia had injected a tremendous amount of funds equivalent to 5-million Japanese yen in total for both riots that took place in September and October in the South. Routinely, the communists in the South have tirelessly spread such false information through the Internet that the riots were democratic movements. It is the very DNA of the communists who, at the drop of a hat, like to indulge in slandering and scheming by passing the buck.

Long before the liberation, in the remote Island of Jeju, the communists had already organized commando units and hidden in hideouts fortified in the rugged mountain terrain of Halla. They were armed with the weapons Japanese troops had left after defeat. So-called the People’s Army commander had directed the guerrilla units.

On April 3, 1945 they at last conducted a surprise attack against US and ROK troops, and ROK National Police. Such battles continued off and on for 10 years until 1957, which caused countless innocent civilian casualties.

Afterwards, South Korea committed a tremendous number of troops, including policemen, to sweep out the guerrillas in the rugged terrain. In the confliction between the ROK forces and the red commando units, a countless number of people were sacrificed. At that time, when the 14
th regiment, then stationed in Yosoo city, was about to leave for Jeju Island for an augmentation purpose, North Korean communist espionage infiltrated the regiment and rose in revolt. They stormed the adjacent city of Sooncheon committing atrocities by murdering more than 1,000 policemen and patriots.

This is the picture how the Republic of Korea experienced communists’ atrocities. Even though modern history explicitly describes what the communists had been, they kept justifying their actions by saying that the Jeju riots were the movement for democracy and unification.  In addition, they have insisted that Stalin and Kim Il-sung had established a genuine democratic state in the North while the United States and ROK heavily suppressed people in the South. Therefore, they still believe North Korea is the place for them to live. They say the Jeju Island riots were the righteous struggles to overthrow the ROK government backed by the United States.

As the Gwang-ju Revolt can be categorized as same as the Jeju Island riots, the Gwang-ju Revolt was a pure rebellion because they labeled the United States and Republic of Korea as their enemy from the beginning. Considering such situations, we can simply define both revolts as twins. But there is a different point that during the Jeju Island rebellion, there was a galaxy of leaders like Kim Dal-sam and Lee, Duk-goo who were masterminds behind the scene. The rebellion leaders were enshrined at the top-notch grave called “Tomb of Patriots” in Pyeongyang.

The People’s Army troop scale in Jeju Island was maintained at the level of 500. For hit and run operations with such small-scaled strength, highly qualified commanders were required to conduct operations nonetheless.
In this connection, we must question how there had been no such heads during the time of the Gwang-ju May 18 Revolt, and how was it kept going for many days. In the Gwang-ju Revolt, a mob of several tens of thousands were mobilized and simultaneously stormed streets at random with surpassing strength over the airborne units at the head of a revolt. We can easily note that there is a world of difference between them. The mob had driven the airborne troops out of Gwang-ju city in 3 days since the revolt began, which is believed to be an unbelievable accomplishment for them. For such systematic operation swiftly conducted by the civilian mob, it was known that there had been no key heads directing the operation.

It is absolutely impossible for those concerned to trust that the Gwang-ju Revolt, on such a large scale, could have been thoroughly conducted with no directions from any revolt commanders in charge. Even at the time, under the Japanese colonization, when the Donghak rebellion erupted in the area of Cheon-ju and Cheolla province, a prominent rebellion leader like Cheon Bong-jun was commanding the rebellion. Again it is nonsense to believe that there was no leader for such a large-scale revolt as Gwang-ju Revolt.

Though the communists are still insisting that a young man, aka Mr. Yoon Sang-won, who was then working in a bookstore as a sales worker, was the head of the revolt. His background and objective existence are hardly acceptable to prove the communists’ charge.

In a film titled “A Fancy Leave” filmed to describe streets of Gwang-ju of decades ago, they dramatized a retired colonel of the airborne unit as the head of the mob. However, it has been confirmed that this person was known as a young man of 26 years. Mr. Park Nam-seon worked as a truck driver at an aggregate collecting site.

As a professional military commentator it is my firm belief that highly trained professionals must have been involved in such large scaled revolts, minutely schemed before hand for planning, directing, on-scene commanding and recording. We can hardly find enough such professionals to lead revolts at the Front in Korea, but it is possible to find such professional masterminds in North Korea. I have thoroughly analyzed all written material on the May 18 Gwang-ju Revolt issued by the North Korean regime, the ROK Ministry of Unification and ROK Prosecution Office. I have finally reached a conclusion that North Korean special troops must have participated in the Gwang-ju Revolt.

Never one to admit error, the communists have consistently passed the buck to the ROK airborne troops for the sacrifice of the citizens of Gwang-ju city, showing an intense hatred for the ROK and United States.
I am sure that the special commandos secretly dispatched from the North caused most of the 160 victims. To prove this fact, I have logically and objectively explained the evidence in my book titled, “May 18 Revolt That Stands In front Of Solomon”. I will further explain the reason why I have chosen such a book title in the following.

What is even more an illogical status quo, I have discovered that people who have made the Gwang-ju Revolt zone a sanctuary for democracy, feel confident and honored when they say the Gwang-ju citizens’ sacrifice was caused by the ROK airborne troops. But, very questionably, they don’t give a damn that North Korean special commando units committed it. Having said so, they seem to believe, will make themselves seriously defamed.
For example, the Gwang-ju May 18 Revolt organization that manages the graves have filed a lawsuit against me with an impudent accusation that my book has defamed them. But I was acquitted at the original trial. In the following conclusion, I would like to briefly state the reason why I have strongly emphasized that North Korean special commandos were involved, and how the revolt was perfectly planned, directed, commanded and recorded on the spot.

The reasons why I insist that Gwang-ju Revolt was plotted by the special forces dispatched from the North
:

1. Two printing companies under the North Korean Labor Party had published two different history books on Gwang-ju May 18 Revolt in 1982 and 1985. The contents of the history books published in the North are mostly corresponding to the investigative report that was first announced in 2005 by the ROK Prosecution Office.

Even a story describing a bus carrying a number plate “Cheonam A-3706” that had rushed at the airborne troops in zigzags coincided exactly, including every detail that could be only noticeable in the crowd of the mob. This fact does testify that North Korean agents or commandos have correctly recorded situations at different positions in the city of Gwang-ju.

추천 252

댓글목록

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.

최근글 목록

Total 13,849건 421 페이지
최근글 목록
번호 제목 글쓴이 날짜 조회 추천
1249 비핵과 주한미군 맞바꾸려는 음모를 경계해야 (김필재) 지만원 2009-11-21 21066 40
1248 이산가족상봉 ‘낚시 밥’에 불과 (소나무) 소나무 2010-09-11 21077 142
1247 선거판에서 대세와 유착한 언론들 지만원 2010-05-10 21079 143
1246 한명숙은 역시 김대중의 정치 후계자답다 (만토스) 만토스 2010-06-28 21083 255
1245 안철수의 겉과 속 지만원 2011-11-08 21089 317