본문 바로가기

System Club 시스템클럽

퍼온글 목록

Trump to VOA: 'We're Going to Denuke North Korea'

페이지 정보

작성자 진실한사람 작성일18-06-13 10:00 조회324회 댓글0건

본문

Trump to VOA: 'We're Going to Denuke North Korea'

https://www.voanews.com/a/trump-to-voa-we-re-going-to-denuke-north-korea-/4435044.html

Cap 2018-06-13 09-59-45-947.jpg

SINGAPORE  

President Donald Trump spoke with VOA contributor Greta Van Susteren after his summit talks with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un in Singapore about what the two discussed and what to expect next.

Van Susteren: What surprised you about Kim Jong Un? 

Trump: “Really, he’s got a great personality. He’s a funny guy, he’s very smart, he’s a great negotiator. He loves his people, not that I’m surprised by that, but he loves his people. And I think that we have the start of an amazing deal. We’re going to denuke North Korea. It’s going to start immediately and a lot of other things are happening, including getting the remains back. You know that’s been know you’ve been so involved in North Korea, but getting the remains back Greta is so important to so many people. They’ve called me, they wrote me letters, “Please can you do it?” and he’s agreed to do that, thousands of people so who died in the war so that’s a big deal.”

Van Susteren: So you put the human rights issue on the table today and he reacted how? 

Trump: “Very well. I mean, we obviously were talking about the denuclearization 90 percent of the time, but we put a lot of other things, including human rights were mentioned, getting the remains back were a big factor, in fact we put it in the document, we were able to get that in the document, we got a lot of good things in that document, that was far beyond what anyone thought was going to happen.”

Van Susteren: Give me some behind the scenes, did you issue an ultimatum to him, did he issue an ultimatum to you? What was the back and forth? 

Trump: “No, not an ultimatum. We’ve been dealing for three months really and we’ve been dealing through our various representatives including Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, who’s done a really fantastic job. So we’ve been dealing for a pretty good period of time and when we met today, we got along right from the beginning. You know for me this is hour number 25. I haven’t been sleeping for 25 hours, it’s been a big long negotiation and I'm very proud of it. It starts a process. You know that could have ended in a war, that could have ended with many millions of people you know North Korea very well, Seoul has 28 million people, that could have ended up with millions of people dead but we’re gonna end up with a deal.”

Van Susteren: What about our troops? Are they staying in South Korea?

Trump: “Yeah they are going to stay. We didn’t even discuss that, that wasn’t discussed. We are going to get out of the war games that cost so much money. You know where we cause I think number one, it’s very provocative, and I want to do it, and I think they’re very happy about it because it is so provocative. But it cost a fortune to do it. And we won’t do that as long as we are negotiating in good faith.”

Van Susteren: What brought Kim to the table this time after saber-rattling over decades?

Trump: “Well actually I don’t think there’s been too much saber rattling, prior to me I don’t think, they basically had a silencio attitude - silence - they didn’t want to talk about it and you can’t do that. And I think the initial rhetoric was very important. Frankly, as much as I hated to do it and as much as some people thought I was doing the wrong thing. I think without that, we wouldn’t be here. I also think he really wants to make a deal, he wants to do something. “

Van Susteren: But why?

Trump: “Because he knows that we mean business. I don’t think he felt that in the past. I think in the past, look it was different people, it didn’t work out. But he knows that we want to do business, we have to do business and we will do business. And now we do have it’s been you know not a long time although you could say from day one, we’ve been talking about North Korea in a very tough manner. But I think we signed a document today which was far, far greater and more comprehensive than people thought - and nobody thought this was possible.”

Van Susteren: What do you think he thought of you after he left?

Trump: “I think he liked me and I like him. And I understand the past and, you know, nobody has to tell me, he’s a rough guy. He has to be a rough guy or he has been a rough person. But we got along very well. He’s smart, loves his people, he loves his country. He wants a lot of good things and that’s why he’s doing this.”

Van Susteren: “But he’s starved them. He’s been brutal to them. He still loves his people?”

Trump: “Look, he’s doing what he’s seen done, if you look at it. But, I really have to go by today and by yesterday and by a couple of weeks ago because that’s really when this whole thing started. Again, without the rhetoric and without the sanctions the sanctions were very important the sanctions are going to remain on until such time as we see, you know, this is going to happen. And we pretty much see that now but the sanctions will remain on until we really start dismantling or dismantle the nuclear weapons.”

Van Susteren: “Because this is Voice of America it will be heard in North Korea by the citizens of DPRK of North Korea. What do you want to say directly to the citizens of North Korea?” 

Trump: “Well, I think you have somebody that has a great feeling for them. He wants to do right by them and we got along really well. We had a great chemistry you understand how I feel about chemistry. It’s very important. I mean, I know people where there is no chemistry no matter what you do you just don’t have it. We had it right from the beginning, I talked about that and I think great things are going to happen for North Korea.”

Van Susteren: “Mr. President, nice to see you. All the way from Washington.

Trump: “That’s true. It’s been a long time. At some point I’ll be able to go to sleep, I think. You know, get a little rest.”

Van Susteren: “Indeed. Have a safe trip back sir.”

Trump: “Thank you Greta, a great honor.”

[트럼프 대통령 인터뷰] “북한 비핵화 즉각 시작될 것김정은, 주민들 사랑해

https://www.voakorea.com/a/4435029.html

트럼프 대통령은 북한 비핵화가 즉각 시작될 것이라고 말했습니다. 12일 미-북 정상회담을 마친 뒤 그레타 반 서스테렌 VOA 객원 앵커와 대담한 트럼프 대통령은 이번 정상회담으로 하나의 과정이 시작됐다며, 북한이 핵무기를 폐기하기 시작하거나 폐기할 때까지 제재는 계속 남아있을 것이라고 말했습니다. 트럼프 대통령과의 인터뷰를 이연철 기자가 정리했습니다.

기자) 김정은 위원장에 관해 어떤 점에 놀랐습니까?

트럼프 대통령) 김 위원장은 좋은 자질을 가졌습니다. 재미있고 매우 똑똑하며, 뛰어난 협상가입니다. 김 위원장은 주민들을 사랑합니다. 그 점에 놀란 것은 아니지만, 그는 주민들을 사랑합니다. 우리가 놀라운 합의의 시작에 있다고 생각합니다. 우리는 북한을 비핵화할 것입니다. 즉각 시작될 것이며, 유해 송환 등 다른 많은 일들이 일어날 것입니다. 유해 송환은 많은 사람들에게 매우 중요한 일입니다. 그들은 내게 전화를 걸고 편지를 썼습니다, 유해 송환을 해 줄 수 있느냐고. 김 위원장이 그렇게 하기로 합의했습니다. 수 많은 사람들이 전쟁에서 숨졌기 때문에 아주 중요한 일입니다.

기자) 오늘 인권 문제를 협상 테이블에 올려 놓으셨는데, 김 위원장은 어떤 반응을 보였습니까?

트럼프 대통령) 매우 좋았습니다. 분명 우리는 약 90% 시간 동안 비핵화 문제를 논의했습니다. 하지만, 인권이 언급되는 등 다른 많은 것들도 의제로 삼았습니다. 유해 송환은 중요한 요소였고, 이를 공동성명에 담았습니다. 공동성명에는 다른 많은 것들도 담겼고, 이는 그 누구의 예상보다 더 나간 것이었습니다.

기자) 회담 막후의 이야기도 좀 해주시죠. 김 위원장에게 최후통첩을 발표하셨습니까, 또 김 위원장이 최후통첩을 발표했습니까? 어떤 이야기들이 오갔습니까?

트럼프 대통령) 최후통첩은 없었습니다. 우리는 석 달 동안 협상을 해왔고, 마이크 폼페오 국무장관 등 다양한 대표들을 통해 협상했습니다. 폼페오 장관은 정말로 일을 잘 했습니다. 상당히 오랜 시간 동안 협상을 해왔고, 우리가 오늘 만났을 때, 처음부터 잘 어울렸습니다. 나는 25시간째 잠을 자지 않았습니다. 크고 긴 협상이었고, 매우 자랑스럽게 생각합니다. 이를 통해 하나의 과정이 시작됐습니다. 전쟁으로 끝날 수도 있었고, 수 백만 명의 죽음으로 끝날 수도 있었지만, 우리는 합의 타결로 결말을 맺을 것입니다.

기자) 주한미군 문제는 어떻게 됐습니까? 한국에 계속 주둔합니까?

트럼프 대통령) 계속 주둔할 겁니다. 심지어 이 문제는 논의조차 하지 않았습니다. 많은 돈이 소모되는 군사훈련을 중단할 것입니다. 군사훈련은 매우 도발적인 것이기 때문에 그들이 매우 만족할 것으로 생각합니다. 군사훈련에는 많은 돈이 들어갑니다. 우리가 선의를 갖고 협상을 하는 한 군사훈련을 하지 않을 것입니다.

기자) 수 십 년 간의 무력 위협 끝에 김 위원장을 협상장으로 나오게 한 것은 무엇입니까?

트럼프 대통령) 사실 내가 대통령이 되기 이전에는 많은 무력 위협이 있었다고 생각하지 않습니다. 전임자들은 기본적으로 침묵하는 태도를 취했습니다. 그들은 그것에 대해 이야기하기를 원치 않았습니다. 그렇게 하면 안 됩니다. 내 생각에는 처음의 수사가 매우 중요합니다. 솔직히, 내가 그렇게 하기를 좋아하지 않았던 만큼, 다른 사람들은 내가 잘못된 일을 하고 있다고 생각했습니다. 하지만 그렇게 하지 않았다면 여기에 이르지 못했을 것입니다. 또한 김 위원장이 진정으로 합의를 원했고, 무엇인가를 하기를 원했다고 생각합니다.

기자) 하지만 그 이유가 무엇일까요?

트럼프 대통령) 김 위원장은 우리가 진지하다는 점을 알았기 때문입니다. 과거에는 그렇게 느끼지 않았다고 생각합니다. 과거에는 다른 사람들이었고, 통하지 않았습니다. 하지만김 위원장은 우리가 거래를 원하고 거래를 해야 하며 거래를 할 것이라는 점을 알았습니다. 우리가 첫 날부터 강경한 방식으로 북한에 대해 이야기했다고 말할 수 있겠지만, 우리는 오늘 공동성명에 서명했습니다. 이는 사람들이 생각했던 것보다 훨씬 더 포괄적입니다. 누구도 이것이 가능하리라고 생각하지 않았습니다.

기자) 김 위원장이 떠난 후 트럼프 대통령에 대해 어떻게 생각할 것이라고 보십니까?

트럼프 대통령) 김 위원장이 나를 좋아했다고 생각합니다. 나도 김 위원장을 좋아했습니다. 나는 과거를 이해합니다. 누구도 내게 김 위원장이 과격한 사람이라고 말할 필요가 없었습니다. 김 위원장은 과격한 사람이거나 사람이어야 했습니다. 그러나 우리는 아주 잘 어울렸습니다. 그는 똑똑하고 주민들과 나라를 사랑합니다. 많은 좋은 일들을 원하고, 이렇게 한 것도 바로 그 때문입니다.

기자) 하지만 김 위원장은 주민들을 굶주리게 만들었고, 주민들에게 잔인했습니다. 그래도 주민들을 사랑한다는 것입니까?

트럼프 대통령) 이 문제와 관련해서는 김 위원장은 그가 목격했던 과거의 일들을 한 것입니다. 하지만, 오늘과 어제, 몇 주전을 근거로 판단해야 합니다. 왜냐하면 그 때 이 모든 것들이 시작됐기 때문입니다. 다시 말하지만, 수사와 제재가 없었다면, 제재는 매우 중요합니다, 이런 일이 일어나는 것을 볼 때가지 제재는 계속될 것입니다. 그리고 이제 우리는 그것을 많이 보고 있지만, 핵무기를 폐기하기 시작하거나 폐기할 때까지 제재는 계속 남아있을 것입니다.

기자) 이 방송은 VOA 이기 때문에 북한 주민들이 듣게 될 것입니다. 북한 주민들에게 직접 어떤 말을 하고 싶으십니까?

트럼프 대통령) 북한 주민들을 위해 좋은 감정을 갖고 있는 누군가가 있다고 생각합니다. 그 사람은 그들을 위해 옳은 일을 하기를 원하고, 우리는 매우 잘 어울립니다. 우리는 궁합이 잘 맞았습니다. 궁합은 매우 중요합니다. 궁합이 맞지 않는 사람들은 무엇을 하든 그것을 가질 수 없습니다. 우리는 처음부터 그것을 가졌습니다. 우리는 그것에 관해 이야기했고, 북한을 위한 좋은 일이 일어날 것이라고 생각합니다.

지금까지 트럼프 대통령으로부터 미-북 정상회담에 대한 이야기를 들어봤습니다.

댓글목록

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.

퍼온글 목록

Total 13,458건 1 페이지
퍼온글 목록
번호 제목 글쓴이 날짜 조회 추천
공지 12.12와 5.18(압축본)뚝섬무지개,시스템경영 댓글(4) 관리자 2009-11-18 22446 24
공지 신간 "5.18분석 최종보고서" 제주4.3반란사건" "… 댓글(4) 관리자 2010-11-23 178929 185
13456 뭉치면 살고 흩어지면 죽느니라~김상묵 새글 Marie 2018-06-22 57 4
13455 1973년 파리평화 협정과 월남적화-평화협정은 평화를 … 새글 진실한사람 2018-06-22 60 5
13454 멜라니 재킷 등에 쓰인 글~ 댓글(1) 새글 Marie 2018-06-22 97 4
13453 미국의 세계전략과 한반도-이춘근의 국제정치 45회 새글 진실한사람 2018-06-22 60 10