본문 바로가기

System Club 지만원

나의산책 목록

한잔술의 의미

페이지 정보

작성자 지만원 작성일11-01-16 00:36 조회7,816회 댓글0건

본문

한잔술의 의미

하루를 열심히 일하고 선술집을 찾는다. 열심히 일한 만큼 한 잔의 술이 주는 안식은 참으로 아늑하다. 술잔에 담긴 맑은 물에는 반추의 거울이 있다. 거기에는 때로 내 인생의 여로가 비친다. 내 10대 인생은 한 마디로 고난의 인생이었다. 먹을 것이 변변치 않고, 잘 곳이 없었던 각박한 하류 인생이었다.

그래도 어려울 때마다 따뜻한 손길이 있었다. 그런 손길이 있을 때마다 나는 내 부모님들에 감사했다. 나를 불구로 낳아주지 않으신 부모님께 감사하고, 어디에 가든 얼굴이 예쁘고 착하다는 인식을 갖게 하도록 나를 낳아주신 부모님께 늘 감사했다. 그리고 14세로 객지 생활을 하기 전까지 나를 늘 품안에 끼고 재워 주시고, 눈에 넣어도 아프지 않다는 듯. 따뜻한 눈길로 나를 가슴 속 깊이 안아주신 부모님께 한없는 그리움을 간직했다.

어릴 적에는 내 부모가 가난했는지 남들에 비해 늙었는지 전혀 몰랐다. 엄마가 보이면 젖부터 찾았고, 아빠를 보면 팔베개 베는 생각만 했다. 아늑한 멍석 위에 누운 엄마와 아빠 사이에 누워, 하늘에 그려진 온갖 아름다운 그림들을 경이롭게 바라보며 온갖 사랑을 받던 막내의 처지가 행복했다. 

지금도 생각한다. 볼 품 없는 엄마, 초라한 아빠였지만 그래도 나만은 세상에서 사랑받고 귀염 받는 얼굴로 낳아주시고, 어미 닭이 병아리를 품어 주듯 아름다운 품성으로 태교하여 착한 마음을 심어주신 엄마에게 한없는 감사와 사랑의 마음을 간직한다. 엄마와 아빠가 부자가 아니라 가난했음에 대해 너무 감사한다.

나는 우량체격으로 상징되는 육사에 가고 싶었다. 하지만 막상 부딪혀 보니 키도 작고 몸무게도 없었다. 그래서 탈락되었다. 그래도 나는 엄마 아빠를 원망할 생각은 상상에서도 없었다. 탈락하는 순간 가장 먼저 엄마의 따뜻한 품이 생각났다.

절망의 순간에 그리워 한 엄마의 품, 그 엄마는 마력의 힘을 발휘했다. 생전에 일면식도 없는 낯선 소령과 낯선 대령을 내게 보내주었다. 그들이 나타나지 않았다면 나는 육사를 가지 못했을 것이다. 나는 육사가 너무 좋았다. 고독했던 독학의 세계에서 편안한 교수 학습의 세계로 승천한 것이 좋았고, 독서를 마음껏 할 수 있는 것이 좋았다.

육사는 내게 은혜였다. 내가 육사에서 키운 꿈은 4성 장군으로 상징되는 출세가 아니었다. 내가 독서를 통해 개척한 꿈은 세상의 꿈이 아니었다. 멋쟁이 자유인으로 살아가는 것이 인생의 꿈이었다. 숨어있는 옹달샘처럼, 수줍게 숨어서 피어난 초롱꽃처럼, 무기교의 기교처럼, 인생의 하루하루를 아끼면서, 인생을 조각하면서 사는 것이 꿈이었다. “로맨틱 그레이스!”

“로맨틱 그레이스!” 내가 추구하는 인생이다. 나는 댄스장에 나가지 않는다. 사교적인 파티에도 나가지 않는다. 그런데 무엇이 ‘로맨틱 그레이스’인가?

별이 빛나고 하늘에서 별똥별이 기다란 은빛 곡선을 그리던 시절, 아빠는 전설로 흐르던 이야기를 들려주었다. “건달은 비단 옷을 낮에 입고, 선비는 비단 옷을 밤에 입는 단다.”

‘로맨틱 그레이스’는 낮에 존재하는 것이 아니라 바로 밤에 존재하는 것이며, 화려한 무대에 존재하는 것이 아니라 응달에서 솟아나는 옹달샘과 응달에서 수줍게 피어나는 초롱꽃에 존재하는 것이다.

필자가 혼자서 마시는 한 잔 술에는 고독이 있고, 인생을 축약하는 시가 있고, 아름다웠던 얼굴들이 있고, 고요(tranquility)가 있다. 그 공간에서 만큼은 애국도 없고, 빨갱이도 없고, 생활에서 발생하는 원수도 없다.

2011.1.16. 지만원

http://www.systemclub.co.kr/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

글쓴이 : stallon 
조회 : 1,404   추천 : 102  

최근 지만원 박사님께서 쓰신 '한잔술의 의미' 란 글을 읽고 많은 감동을 받아 국내의 베트남전 참전 전우들은 물론 미국의 참전전우들에게도 지박사님의 아름다운 내면의 모습을 소개하고 싶어 미력하지만 아래와 같이 번역을 해봤습니다. 박사님과 이곳 회원님들에게도 참고하시라고 이에 게재합니다. 감사합니다.

I used to drop by a honky tonk after calling it a day. A few drinks always provided me with some comfort and relaxation as compensation for a hard day at work.

I would find a mirror looking into the clear liquor that reminded me what I have been.

It reflected my entire life voyage. Life in my teens was,
in a word, an eventful journey.

I didn't have enough to eat or places to hit the hay and
life was just about surviving on the other side of the tracks.

Nevertheless, many warm helping hands were waiting for a small boy.

Whenever I came across those who gave me the warm hands, I always appreciated my parents. I deeply thanked my
parents that I was born with no handicaps and for the kind compliments
about being such a good boy that I would
hear from so many wherever I went.

I kept feeling an irresistible yearning for a particular love
given to me by my parents who were enamored with their youngest son, until I started living alone away from
home at 14 years old.

In my childhood, I had entirely no idea whether my
parents were poor or old compared with other folks
around as I could always seek mother's breast and my
father's arm to pillow my head on when they were around.

I used to lie down between mom and dad on a straw mat.
When my parents were looking up to the sky, I too was appreciating all kinds of marvelous masterpieces drawn
over the entire twinkling panorama.

It was my unforgetful sense of happiness that I was so
blessed to receive as the youngest son.

I still remember that my parents were not well to do
and were down-on-their-luck.

Nonetheless, I am endlessly grateful to them for their keen affection that finally resulted in making me what I am now.
With a most humble prenatal training and moral character, my parents, I believe had hopefully given birth to me as their
youngest child who later would be loved and favored by
many of the neighbors around.
I am especially grateful for
the fact that my parents were not rich.

I wanted to enter the Korea Military Academy as the
cadets were known as the symbol of a tall and nice build.

At my very first challenge I had to drink a bitter cup due to my inferior height and weight.

Nevertheless, I had no notion of blaming my parents for such inferior physical conditions.

The minute I confirmed my failure, I was compelled to think
of my mother's warm breast.
While I keenly missed mother's warmth, I found she had started demonstrating a sort of mighty power.

Mother enabled me to meet two brass officers, a colonel and a major. Had it not been for their assistance, I would have not been admitted to KMA at last. I really enjoyed being a cadet of the Korea Military Academy.

I was particularly encouraged by the fact that my
education had been dramatically upgraded from self-study
 to a point where I could obtain knowledge from renowned professors.

Above all, I loved to read books as much as I could. Korea Military Academy allowed me to enjoy the full benefit of learning. It was a heavenly blessing to me.

The dream I had while studying at KMA was not the usual
one just wishing be a 4-star general in the future.
The dream
I had attained through my reading was not one people would normally wish for.

Living freely as a man of gusto was my dream. Enjoying
life like a hidden spring and a shyly bloomed bellflower
as an artless art by cherishing from day to day and
creating life. "Romantic grace!"

"Romantic grace!" is a life style I have long pursued.Neither
 have I been to a dancing floor nor social dance party.
i
n this case I might be asked what "romantic grace"
does mean.

In my old days, when countless stars were twinkling and
 falling stars were leaving silvery curves in the sky, my
father used to tell me of legend that goes " Bums enjoy
wearing silk clothes in the day time while classical scholars
wear them at night."

"Romantic grace" does not exist in the day time and
moreover not on the fancy stage at night but exists like spring water spurting from a hidden spring and a shyly bloomed bellflower in the shade.

In drinking, I am lonely and there is a loneliness about
a poem that reflects my life, beautiful faces of those I like
 and the tranquility I seek. In that space at least,
I need not be concerned with patriotism, commies and
enemies I might have to encounter in day to day life.

Written by : Dr. Man-won Jee

Translated by: Jae-sung Chung (English lanuage webmaster of www.rokfv.com)

댓글목록

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.

개인정보취급방침 서비스이용약관

지만원의 시스템클럽 | 대표자 : 지만원 | Tel : 02-595-2563 | Fax : 02-595-2594
E-mail : j-m-y8282@hanmail.net / jmw327@gmail.com
Copyright © 지만원의 시스템클럽. All rights reserved.  [ 관리자 ]